Contact your MP
Tell your MP why YOU support Fair For Rare. Tell them about the impact of Rare Disease and how Australia needs a better system - a fairer system. The burden of rare disease is unacceptably high for patients, families and the community. Ask them to help make Rare Disease a national priority.
Australians living with rare disease need:
- More equitable and timely access to
- Coordinated Care
- A Nationally Co-ordinated and Collaborative Approach
- Improved Data Collection – a National Registry of Rare Disease
- Nationally Coordinated Research
Some Ideas include:
- Send them a letter. Select your version of a sample letter – download in Microsoft Word format
- Phone his/her office and make an appointment to hand deliver the letter. Every MP is obliged to meet with their constituents
- Tell them about this Fair For Rare website
- Ask them to show their support for Fair For Rare via the Hero Wall
- Ask them to join the Parliamentary Friends of Rare Diseases.
- Ask them to contact Rare Voices Australia
To find your local MP, please click here.